language: Deutsch   Français   italiano   Español   Português   日本語   russian   arabic   norwegian   swedish   danish   Nederlands   finland   ireland   English  

Civil Rights Complaint

Civil Rights Complaint

If you believe that your civil rights have been violated, you may file a Civil Rights Complaint with the Civil Rights Division of the Office of Attorney General Maura Healey. The Civil Rights Division is located at 100 Cambridge Street, 11th Floor, in Boston, MA, 02108. The Office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. In order for the Office to evaluate claims properly, all complaints must be submitted in writing to the mailing address listed below. If, due to a disability, you seek an accommodation in filing a complaint, please contact the Office at (617) 727-2200 or (617) 727-4765 (TTY).

Before filing a civil rights complaint, please review the other Civil Rights sections of this website for information that may help you decide whether to file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office or to access other resources.

Recognizing a Civil Rights Violation

There are various state and federal laws that protect your rights to access education, employment, housing, financial services, healthcare, transportation, voting, and marriage, as well as your free speech and privacy rights, among others.

For example, if you have been the victim of threats, intimidation or coercion based upon your race, color, national origin, religion, age, ancestry, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability, or because you engaged in a protected activity (for example, the right to vote, or the right to obtain an education, or the right to freely associate), your civil rights under the Massachusetts Civil Rights Act may have been violated.

If you are a tenant or an applicant for housing who has been discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, children, lead paint, or receipt of public assistance, your housing rights under the Massachusetts Antidiscrimination Law, M.G.L. c. 151B , may have been violated.

If you are an employee or job applicant who has been discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, veteran status, age (40 and older), disability, sexual orientation, genetics, or based on your reporting of discrimination, your employment rights under the Massachusetts Antidiscrimination Law, M.G.L. c. 151B , may have been violated.

If your employer has discriminated against you based on your sex by paying you less than employees of the opposite sex who perform the same or comparable work, your rights under the Massachusetts Equal Pay Act, M.G.L. c. 149 § 105A may have been violated.  To make a complaint concerning equal pay, use the Civil Rights E-Complaint Form below and check “Employment” as the nature of your complaint.

If you have been discriminated against in places of public accommodation, such as by a hotel, restaurant, bar, theater, concert hall, sports stadium, store, shopping center, or other retail establishment or service establishment, based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, deafness, blindness, or any physical or mental disability, or ancestry, your rights under the Massachus xfuwtdec. moncler jacket mens blueetts Public Accommodation Law, M.G.L c. 272, s. 92A , 98 and 98A may have been violated.


Filing a Civil Rights Complaint

To file an e-complaint click the link below:

Civil Rights E-Complaint Form

Because the Civil Rights Division receives many complaints, the time it takes to review complaints can vary. We will contact you within one week of the receipt of your complaint. If you have filed a complaint with the Civil Rights Division and wish to learn about its status, you may contact the Civil Rights Division by calling (617) 727-2200

Complementary Content © 2017 Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Mass.Gov® is a registered service mark of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Site Policies Contact the Attorney General's Office

moncler snowsuit baby girl
mens red moncler t shirt
moncler polo t shirt mens
saks fifth moncler mens Protecting Consumers


If you

File a consumer complaint How Can We Help You? Safety and Security Complaints Airline Service Complaints and Comments Disability and Discrimination Complaints Privacy Complaints Additional Resources Safety and Security Complaints

Consumers with concerns about airline safety should call the Federal Aviation Administration toll-free at 1-866-TELL-FAA (1-866-835-5322). For additional information, go to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to report a safety-related travel problem .

Consumers with concerns about aviation security can contact the Transportation Security Administration (TSA):

Call TSA toll-free at 1-866-289-9673 E-mail TSA For additional information,  visit the TSA Website .

Back to the Top

Airline Service Complaints and Comments

Complaints and comments about airline service other than safety or security issues may be registered with DOT's Aviation Consumer Protection Division (ACPD). You can call, write or use our web form .

You may call the ACPD 24 hours a day at 202-366-2220 (TTY 202-366-0511) to record your complaint. Calls are returned Monday through Friday, generally between 7:30 am and 5:00 pm Eastern time. You may send us a letter at: Aviation Consumer Protection Division, C-75 U.S. Department of Transportation 1200 New Jersey Ave, S.E. Washington, D.C. 20590 You can send us a complaint, comment or inquiry electronically by using our web form . This form allows us to capture information more accurately and process it more efficiently. The web form allows you to attach a file.

Whether you call, write or use the web form, please be brief and concise in the description of your problem and be sure to include the following information:

Your name Complete address Daytime phone number (including area code) e-mail address Name of the airline or company about which you are complaining Flight date Flight number if known Origin and destination cities of your trip.

If you send us a letter, you should also include a copy (not the original) of your airline ticket or itinerary sheet and any correspondence you have already exchanged with the company.

What Happens Next?

All complaints are entered in DOT's computerized aviation industry monitoring system, and are charged to the company in question in the monthly Air Travel Consumer Report. This report is distributed to the industry and made available to the news media and the general public so that consumers and air travel companies can compare the complaint records of individual airlines and tour operators.

These complaints are reviewed to determine the extent to which carriers are in compliance with federal aviation consumer protection regulations. This system also serves as a basis for rulemaking, legislation and research. Where appropriate, letters and web form submissions will be forwarded to an official at the airline for further consideration.

Back to the Top

Disability and Discrimination Complaints

If your complaint alleges discriminatory treatment in air travel by personnel of an air carrier or its contractors (e.g., pilots, gate agents, flight attendants) on the basis of disability or on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion or ancestry, we encourage you to file your complaint with DOT's Aviation Consumer Protection Division by using our web form .

If you prefer, you may also file disability and discrimination complaints by sending us a letter or by completing complaint forms that you may download and print.

Disability: Additional information about filing a disability complaint against an airline and to access the disability complaint form Discrimination: Additional information about filing a discrimination complaint against an airline and to access the discrimination complaint form

If you feel that you have been the subject of discriminatory action or treatment at an airport by security or law enforcement personnel, we provide additional information on where to file your complaint.

Back to the Top

Additional Resources Annual Reports to Congress summarizing complaints that air carriers receive about disability-related issues Booklets and fact sheets on air travel consumer protection issues

Back to the Top

Updated: Thursday, January 12, 2017